Gas Endeavour III Animal Nutrition is a novel platform designed for the investigation of feed and food quality. This system operates based on an in-vitro gas production method, where the relationship between degradation and fermentative gas production is used to evaluate the nutritional parameters of the feed.
This configuration provides a fully automated in-vitro protocol that relies on efficient and highly accurate analysis for a large number of samples in a single batch test. With 18 channels (250 mL reactors), it enables simultaneous processing of multiple samples, maximizing productivity and throughput.
- Continuous monitoring of gas production for the extraction of process kinetic information
- Determination of feed digestibility and its metabolisable energy content
- Optimisation of feed composition and nutrient content for livestock
- Investigation of feed additives or supplements to optimise (ruminal) fermentation
- Investigation of functional components that may have beneficial effects on methane emissions and / or organic matter digestibility in vivo
- Screening a large range of feeds or additives before testing these in vivo
- Comparing different pre-treatments of feed compounds.